Friday, July 06, 2007

Maya's First Birthday!

Cutie Patootie! Finally can get bows and clips in her hair. Nothing I enjoy more than dressing her........





Just show her a camera and she poses........


















Yummy birthday cake

Opening presents.....



She is just too damn cute and so much fun. Such a happy and funny little person - loves to be the center of attention. I hardly saw her the whole night of her party. Smiles and flirts with everyone. Every week she does something new and usually very funny. Still obessessed with the dogs - "dat" and with music - dances all the time even to the music on commercials. Started at Primrose (school just 1 mile away) last week and loves being with all the kids and particularily Miss Alejandra and Miss Jacque two of her teachers. She's walking - Grandma was determined that she walk before her first birthday - she did take a few steps at a time but now is really movin'. She really is just a blast. I so enjoy her.

7 comments:

Adlhoch said...

I can't believe how beautiful she is- and tan!! And that she has so many teeth now! I think Sam and I will have to pay a visit one day out to Colorado...;)

Sandi said...

Hi there,
It is great to see a single woman who also used Commonwealth. I am in the process, my dossier has been sent to translation today. I am in orlando, florida and anticipating my travels around the world to meet my daughter. If you do have some time I would love some advice.

Best regards,
Sandi

The Cook said...

Okay this is scary, my daughter Sophia just turned one as well (we just got back from karaganda in May) She also has the same bikini (the one with dots from Target) and the same gap onsie with the heart on it. How cool! Love your blog.
www.2kaz4sophie.blogspot.com

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Hi, I am also single, in the process of adopting a baby from Kaz. I am waiting right now for that magial phone call of who is this baby and where is he or she. I have read so many blogs but have really enjoyed yours. Maya is beautiful and seems perfect in every way. Thank you so much for being so honest and for all the great details. I would love to talk with you. Please e-mail if you have a chance. I would love to join your mom's group but I live to far. I am in Conn. My e-mail is carolyn.tarpey@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you. Best, Caroyn

Carolyn Tarpey said...

Hi, I am also single, in the process of adopting a baby from Kaz. I am waiting right now for that magial phone call of who is this baby and where is he or she. I have read so many blogs but have really enjoyed yours. Maya is beautiful and seems perfect in every way. Thank you so much for being so honest and for all the great details. I would love to talk with you. Please e-mail if you have a chance. I would love to join your mom's group but I live to far. I am in Conn. My e-mail is carolyn.tarpey@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you. Best, Caroyn

Regina said...

She is so cute I can't STAND it!!! What a truly joyful little girl. No doubt you have made her very happy. ;-)

Cheers,
Regina

www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

marsrob said...

Hello - Maya is darling! I am glad I found your blog - and I so appreciate your honesty about the experiences bringing her home - and about the sleep stuff etc. It is so helpful to hear the real stories people don't often share. Anyways, my husband and I are adopting a baby girl from Semey - waiting for our LOI now - and we have a password-protected blog. If you'd like to be included, email me at jennylri@yahoo.com...Although my guess is that you don't have tons of time for blogs these days.
Anyways, congrats on your precious baby and on becoming a mom!
- Jennifer