Monday, February 19, 2007

The Baby House

These are from yesterday. Maya was tired girl unless Darhan was around. She is sleeping on my leg. She is doing just great. What changes in just a month. From sitting only when propped up to crawling and standing strong just holding my pinkie. Rarely smiling to smiling all the time showing off her bottom teeth (8 total now, 4 up and 4 down). She is also getting more vocal. Maya is diggin' me now. Looks to be sure I'm still there. Reaches up to be held. Big smile when I walk into the nursery.

I heard her first frustrated cry - no tears, I have yet to see tears. This was after court. "Ok, we are official now. Honeymoon's over Mama. Slooooowly letting out my true colors." She is so good, I have this fear of bringing her home and devil child emerging.






These pictures are of course the playroom where
we visit with our babies for 2 hours a day.
I got there early yesterday and wanted to show
you all how cheerful and well equipped it really is.
The 3rd wall is a rack of all different size balls and 4th wall is a wall of
windows overlooking a small parking area and
large outdoor playground (one of two outdoor
playgrounds).

2 representatives from the states and from my agency, CAI were here yesterday. They are visiting the baby houses in different regions in Kazakhstan. It was funny, I felt like a proud citizen making sure they got how wonderful it is here. "You need to tell prospective families about the baby house, the Doctors, the caretakers, the grounds, the beautiful, beautiful babies, the city.......they are lucky to hear your baby is in Astana!"











2 comments:

Katy Ayers said...

Hi Kimberly! What a beautiful baby girl! I am so excited to know about your blog so I can keep up to speed. What an amazing and wonderful thing you are doing. Can Isa and I come play when you get home? Congratulations.

KellyO said...

Hi Kimberly,

My name is Kelly Ozley. I met you in a Commonwealth Adoptions meeting - you came in with Maya. In fact I think I was the first one who got to hold her. She is gorgeous! I am in the process of adopting too (through Moldova). Commonwealth is doing the homestudy (actually Diane -- she was here yesterday and sais you "were on of hers". ) I am so excited. I would love to participate in your group - not sure if the child has to physically be here to do join. I would even offer to host it here. My contact info is: Kelly Ozley, 720-331-4118 or kozley@us.ibm.com. Thanks for sharing your experience.