Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Court has been moved up to tomorrow!


The love story continues.......


Beehet is just the best. Some background - after court begins the 15 day appeals period. Not the way we think of appeals, just another waiting period. On the 15th day, the Judge declares his/her final ruling. Beehet needs this to begin the final paperwork and to get Maya's passport. On the 16th day I can bring Maya home to the apartment. Well last week at lunch Beehet realized the end of the appeals period falls on a holiday Thursday March 1. Which means people will take off Friday as well. I'd lose 2 days. I teared up at lunch. Every day, every minute closer to bringing her home is meaningful. So Gusanna just called and Beehet was able to move court up a day so I wouldn't lose any time. Just love her for this. So court is tomorrow, Valentine's Day at 5pm.


Lunch was at our favorite place, we now go almost every day. The group is getting larger as new families arrive. The doorman knows us now. For families going over it is called Shakirasada (not the right spelling - phonetic) close to the Baby House, Driver will know it. Fabulous Kazak buffet for 500 tenge (about $4.00 right now). So over lunch I learned a new phrase. Bis ma la (again no clue how to spell) means God be with you in Arabic. Some knew of it and I guess it is in a Queen song???? Anyway, brand new to me. The caretakers say this to the babies all the time. The couple from Dallas told us. She is originally from Egypt. He is from Holland. Bis ma la, Bis ma la. Nice ring.


There are 2 english channels on my TV. The EurAsia news comes on everyday at 5pm. I thought it would be interesting to see if they report on any or what news from the States. It appears much like our Nightly News. A very professional female reporter comments on the flooding in Thailand, the business news report, a sudden increase in honor killings, the war in Iraq, and.......the death of Anna Nicole, American Playboy centerfold dies suddenly. Now don't get me wrong, I think that is just tragic, truly. But seriously!

Ok, I will report back after court. Wish me luck!

Bis ma la,
K

1 comment:

Mike Oates said...

Kim,

Good luck with your court date. We are excited to hear how everything goes.

Mike and Patty Oates