Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tomorrow is the day!

Today was the 37th and very last time…..I put her in crib, kissed her and promised I’d be back; left the nursery with the instant drop in mood and a little sick to my stomach because I wouldn’t see her for 24 hours; I drove out of those gates without her.

Tomorrow Beehet and Gusanna will come here in the morning for about 30 minutes of paperwork. Then we pick up cakes – one for Doctor’s room and one for the caretakers in her nursery. After lunch, we’ll go to the baby house and make the rounds thanking everyone, handing out gifts, thanking Dr. Alma (head Doctor) who is just wonderful. Then finally, finally I get Maya and drive out of those iron gates for the very last time.

Elise is taking me to dinner tonight. As she says, my last night of freedom - EVER! Doubt I’ll sleep at all tonight. Excited and anxious all at once.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your days of sleeping in are over, and you'll never regret it.