Wednesday, January 31, 2007

GET THIS!!!

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...So the landlord was to come to the apartment at 7pm (NOT the hot one - his Mother in law) to drop off extra sheets. Gusanna told us earlier that she was also "bringing some meat to store in the freezer" Whatever. At 9pm Zach is sleeping, Pam and I are in the living room. The doorbell rings. I open the door to a short, stout Russian woman and tall young man each holding a large cardboard box. On top of hers is a plastic bag. She smiles at me (first person to smile at me) and nods to the bag. I take the bag of sheets. They walk past me to the kitchen and put down the boxes. The inside of the boxes have BLOOD on the sides. Both boxes are FILLED with fresh butchered MEAT! I mean there are ribs and bones, and BLOOD! She opens the freezer, takes out what I have in there and starts shoving a COW in there! My mouth hanging open, I turn to Pam. She says call Gusanna. By now the first box is empty except for drying blood and the first drawer is full. She forces that drawer shut, opens the second, and shoving AGAIN! Pam is saying ,"Nyet! Nyet! Nyet! (No, No, No) I hand the phone to the landlord and Gusanna tells her to stop. Landlord smiles at me again (first damn person in this country to smile at me and she has a whole butchered cow in my kitchen!) She takes out only what is in the second drawer and refills the box. Takes our dish towel and wipes up the blood on the freezer and floor and leaves! Now those of you that know me well know I can't even eat chicken on a bone! God FORBID anything that could potentially be a pet. And anything in its original form makes me sick! After they leave Pam looks in there and says, "I think its Horse". Well that is it. Now Black Beauty is in my freezer. I'm going to throw up. Then she says, "You are really pale." Is it March yet?

1 comment:

Christine P said...

You know who sent the meat? It was the pigeons from Paris!!!

I hope Maya enjoys her Mom's great sense of humor and love of all things animal.

Now go clean out your refrigerator.

Love, Christine