Sunday, January 14, 2007

Got the call!

On Tuesday, January 9, 2007 Ashley called to tell me I have an "Invitation to Travel". I honestly cannot tell you much of what she said after those words. I was in shock and just kept saying, "NO WAY! REALLY? NO WAY!" This call came much, much sooner than expected but everything happens as it should. I truly believe that. The mix of emotions is incredible, similiar I am sure to pregnancy. I've applied for my Visa and pray it gets here in time. I've booked my flights - 2 full days of travel - Denver to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Almaty, Almaty to Astana. I will arrive in Astana on the 21st. Astana is 13 hours ahead of Mountain time.

I leave on Friday the 19th and will meet Maya on Monday the 22nd. All I know about her is she will be between 7-12 months old. I'll get her medical history and all other information about her on the 22nd before meeting her.

Thanks to the incredible generosity of good friends, Christy, Meghan, Lindsey, Dan & Tiffany, I am set with all of my baby needs for the trip. Maya will be quite the looker in all of her cute outfits. Thank you guys. You are great.

2 comments:

MIKEOATES said...

Congrats! We are excited about your trip and look forward to hearing about Maya and seeing some photos.

Mike and Patty Oates

Holly S said...

Kimberly - I think it is so amazing what you are doing, and I look forward to hearing more as your experience progresses. Maya is absolutely beautiful - I wish you both the best! You go girl! :)
-Holly Sarsfield, FT&CP