Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So nice to have a friend
















Privyet! (Hello!)




Maya is still sick but determined to crawl for most of our visit. The rest of the time she was staring (upside down) at her new boyfriend Zach and lastly fighting sleep.

Pam is really is just great. Today was her day to bring Zach home to the apartment so I am watching everything she does. She learned from the families before her. When she and Kevin were here there were 2 other families with our agency so they were together all the time. Don’t know what I would have done now that I see all that is involved. We don't learn much from the baby house – we get their schedule on the last day. I don’t get to feed her before I bring her home. Learning A LOT about how the rest of this is going to go. Zach is an absolute cutie pie.

We took him to lunch first and he slept. Have I mentioned this? Every restaurant (at least those we have gone to) as you enter you check your coat (furs, furs, furs) and nearby is a LARGE mirror where all the women check their hair and apply fresh lipstick on the way in and out. I am still amazed at how beautiful and beautifully dressed they are. We are slobs in the US. By the way, Pam tells me fur coats are WAY cheap here. She bought one (Siberian Wildcat, collar is polar fox - very stylish, she calls it "kicky") when she and Kevin were here. She knows all the best shops for everything. I am going steal an idea of hers. Pam bought a little cultural gift to give to Zach for each birthday until he turns 18. So sweet I'm doing that. We stopped in a souvenir shop after dinner last night and she gave me ideas. My favorite is the Kazak cloth doll. Seriously, how lucky am I that she is here????


Oh, back to lunch, Beehet saw that I was envious and got the calendar out. "If all goes as it should" wave of finger, "as it should" meaning all depends on when I get my court date, I will bring Maya back to the apartment on March 2 - 4 weeks and 2 days and yes I am counting. Monday, February 5 is the 15th day of bonding period so I should know next week when my court date is. Zach is stitting here on the floor playing with his Mama. I can't wait for that to be me and Maya. Das Vindanya! (Goodbye!)

No comments: